Mountain Bike MTB
The practice of mountain biking originated in the USA in the 1970s and started to spread to France and throughout Europe in the 1990s. It is currently spreading like wildfire and is the most recent frontier for summer mountain sports! The discipline that is evolving most rapidly and finding more and more takers is “downhill” which, as the name suggests, is characterised by the fact that the trails are mostly downhill, whilst the effort of going back up is replaced by a comfortable, relaxing lift ride: the equivalent of skiing, but for summer!
Discover our activities!
Sitas offers you many activities! What are you waiting for to try them?
Clothing and equipment
- T-shirt and shorts, which should be wind- and cold-resistant, but also breathable;
- a K-Way and a sweatshirt, considering that the weather can change quickly in the mountains and the temperature difference between sunny moments and cloudy, rainy ones is fairly drastic;
- sports shoes with a thick, textured sole;
- sunglasses or a mask, to protect your eyes from the sun (which is a little more aggressive in the mountains than it is elsewhere), the wind, and dust and earth;
- gloves, elbow pads, kneepads, in case of an accidental fall;
- helmet, chest protector and back protector, in order to ensure the highest possible degree of safety;
- and, last but not least, sunscreen, a water bottle and the map of trails and paths.
Sitas offers a number of trails which are suitable for different situations! If you are a beginner and this is one of your first experiences, we recommend starting with the “Bike Academy” trail (MTB8), a trail designed especially for beginners! It is 5km long and offers 8 exercise areas (balance, step down, switch back, rock garden, north shore, drops, jumps and skinny). If, on the other hand, you are already a seasoned biker, aside from warming up a little on the Bike Academy trail, you can also go wild trying out the other trails available in the ‘trails and paths’ section, where you can check and plan your itinerary.
Guess which one will become your favourite!